According to findings from Statista, the American construction industry is on the rise like never before. Good residential market trends are ultimately responsible for the progression and growth of the construction industry.
Due to the current trajectory of the construction industry, awareness of critical information, such as the best construction time tracking apps of 2021, is paramount.
How to Manage a Construction Crew
Successfully managing a construction crew requires several skills. First and most importantly comes necessary leadership skills, such as communication, honesty, empathy, and the ability to motivate your employees.
With the necessary leadership skills, managing a construction crew becomes much easier; however, there are additional tools you’ll require in your arsenal. As an example, having an employee handbook that outlines your attendance policy for your construction workers is important, as is knowing how to deal with workers who are no-shows.
Managing a construction crew isn’t always smooth-sailing; with that said, using a construction employee time tracking app can greatly improve the management process.
Why Do You Need a Time Tracking App for Your Construction Company?
Construction time tracking apps are aplenty, but it’s important to know what the benefits are for your construction company.
Some of the reasons why you need a time tracking app for your construction business include the ability to track labor expenses and bill your customers correctly. Many apps also contain a construction online scheduling software; this particular asset is a great help for keeping up with the work of your construction business and knowing what needs to be done.
Most construction employee time tracking apps are cloud-based, contains GPS information, and they allow your crew to clock in and out of job sites from their phones. Using construction timesheet software will also save you money and time as a business owner; no more spending endless hours going over handwritten timesheets or texting your crew asking them how many hours they worked. With a good construction time tracking software, you can view total hours worked, figure out overtime, and run payroll in minutes.
Things to Consider When Choosing Time Tracking Software
When you’re going through the selection process of construction timesheet software apps, you want to ensure that your choice is best for your business. This means considering affordability, ease of usage, compatibility with online schedules, etc. Larger companies may require different construction employee time tracking software than small businesses…and vise versa. Thankfully, the following list of construction time tracking apps will help you learn about the available options and then determine which one is best for you.As a disclaimer, we included our own ezClocker software on this list; however, we also provided many other great time card app options based on the various features which they have to offer.
What are the Best Construction Time Tracking Apps?
One of the reasons we picked ezClocker as the best construction timesheet app is due to its high rating of 4.8/5.0* in the App Store.
According to the reviews, users find ezClocker easy to use and affordable. Comments like “Best decision EVER!”,“Simple. Powerful. Intuitive“, and “Wonderful Application!”tell you how much people love this app.
Let’s face it: when you have a not-so-tech-savvy construction crew, you need to look for an app that is easy to use and also workable within your budget and ezClocker solves for both.
Still in doubt? ezClocker published some construction case studies, here are a few:
Pricing: ezClocker does not charge per user; instead, you just purchase a package. Packages start at $10/month for up to 15 employees; hence, whether you have 2 or 15 employees, you pay the same $10/month rate. You don’t have to worry about any hidden fees.
Free Trial: 30 days.
- No need to buy expensive accessories/equipment for the ezClocker construction timesheet software; employees can clock in and out using their own iPhone, Android, or computer devices.
- GPS is captured when an employee clocks in/out; this allows you to verify that your employees were at the correct job site.
- If you want employees at one job site to use one device then you can download the ezCocker Kiosk app on a tablet; you can then turn the ezClocker time tracking app into a portable time clock where employees use a PIN number to clock in and out.
- This construction time clock software comes with support for online schedules; this allows employees to view the locations and starting times of their shifts using the app on their phone.
- Use the job codes feature of the construction employee time tracking software to track the cost of job labor.
- Overtime reporting and early clock-in restrictions will prevent employees from clocking in before their shift starts.
Need an Affordable Time Clock App for Your Employees?
ExakTime is one of the construction time tracking leaders in the construction business. This particular construction timesheet software caters to larger companies with its advanced reporting. ExakTime can also create over 40 robust reports that are able to be filtered and customized.
Pricing: $6/user/month billed annually plus $1/user/month to get scheduling.
Free Trial: None.
- Photo ID verification: the Exaktime construction employee time tracking app will take an employee’s picture for verification purposes when they clock in.
- Compliance sign off: ExakTime asks workers questions at clock-out and saves their answers for easy review.
- Equipment tracking: use the Exaktime time tracking app to monitor equipment usage and ensure efficiency.
- The Exaktime construction timesheet software provides offline support.
ClockShark is a cloud-based construction time clock app; this particular construction employee time tracking app is used by both construction and field service companies. The construction timesheet software also allows you to quickly and accurately run payroll while understanding job costs.
Pricing: $3/user/month plus $15/month base fee.
Free Trial: 14 days.
- Employees can clock in/out of this construction time card app using their iPhone or Android devices.
- ClockShark construction timesheet software has GPS time tracking with custom geofencing; this feature gives your crew a better way to clock their time.
- Enjoy online scheduling with ClockShark construction employee time tracking.
- ClockShark provides integration with Quickbooks online, ADP, Sage, and more.
Busybusy is a construction time clock and equipment tracking software for contractors. This construction time tracking app helps you track your team’s hours; with the Busybusy construction timesheet software, you can also track labor costs by project, employee, or company.
Pricing: This construction employee time tracking software has a free and pro version; the Pro version is $11.99 per user per month.
Free Trial: 30 days.
- The Busybusy time tracking software comes with the ability to upload photos to projects.
- Enjoy E-Signatures for time card approval: with this construction timesheet software, just use your finger or mouse to sign on both mobile and web.
- The Busybusy Equipment App allows you to track your equipment.
- Reports from the construction employee time tracking software let you track the safety and injuries of your employees.
TSheets is a popular time tracking app for small businesses. This particular construction timesheet software has a lot of features; these features range from time cards and project tracking to keeping your business compliant with DOL/DCAA. However, you should know that TSheets’ fancy features come with a hefty monthly price.
Pricing: $8/user/month plus $20 base fee per month.
Free Trial: 14 days.
- TSheets let you submit and approve time directly from their app.
- Attach photos to timesheets with TSheets construction timesheet software.
- Manage multiple timesheets at once with the TSheets crew app.
- GPS and geofencing support: with this particular construction employee time tracking app, real-time GPS data helps you know where your employees are.
Each of the above construction time tracking apps and software have something to offer. Ultimately, you’ll find that managing your construction crew is much easier with the right construction timesheet software. Construction employee time tracking apps also make the jobs of your crew smoother.
Reviewing the best construction time tracking apps of 2021 (along with their prices, features, and free trials) is one of the best choices to make for your construction crew and business.
*AppStore rating for ezClocker was taken from Apple’s AppStore on February, 2021.